12th Ave. between Neil Ave. & College Rd.
Phase 1 - mid-May thru mid-August 2012
Phase 2 - mid-August thru mid-November 2012
Phase 3 - mid-June thru mid-July 2013
frequently asked questions
Here are FAQs that were generated at the Open House on Monday, April 30.
What are the work hours? Noise-contributing construction is limited from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Noise-contributing activities not related to construction will continue as regularly scheduled (i.e., delivery trucks, trash pick-up, etc.).
Is there construction work during finals week? No work is scheduled for during finals week or during move-in.
What about parking?
- Alternative parking may be available in the lots south of 11th Ave. and in the West Campus parking lots. Limited parking in the Ohio Union North and 11th Ave. garages may be available for eligible key-card permit customers.
- CABS. The Campus Loop North (CLN) and Central Connector (CC) CABS buses will be rerouted down 11th Ave. during construction. The Campus Loop North (CLN) and Central Connector (CC) CABS buses will not service the Kuhn Honors House bus stop during this time.
- ADA parking on 12th Avenue. Transportation & Parking has been working with the university’s ADA coordinator to find suitable alternatives.
Is there pedestrian access from Kennedy Commons to Neil Avenue? Yes. From the north entrance of Kennedy, pedestrians will have continued access to Neil Avenue.
- How is the university handling student move-out? Traffic will remain one way, eastbound, with a single lane. Students will be given 15-minute loading passes to use at the head-in parking spaces that are being closed off during construction. Officers from Transportation & Parking will be onsite to facilitate traffic flow.
- Staff relocation from Enarson to Lincoln Tower. Occupants need only box their possessions. A moving company will handle the staff move the first week of July.
This project represents an ongoing initiative resulting from the One Ohio State Framework Plan.