In the News: Faculty, staff make environmental impact
In 2021, the Wexner Medical Center Green Team provided multiple opportunities for faculty, staff and students to participate in Earth Day activities. To celebrate, faculty and staff brought items to the Ackerman Shelter House that normally might have gone to the landfill to be recycled, repurposed or disposed of in a more environmentally friendly way.
Highlights from the week include:
- More than 3,250 pounds of documents were shredded and recycled.
- 5.3 cubic yards of electronics were collected, equivalent to a small dump truck.
- 50 pounds of batteries were collected.
- More than 70 pairs of shoes were donated to be recycled.
- 150 trees were distributed to faculty and staff.
- More than 5,800 faculty and staff participated in the “Every Day is Earth Day” Challenge.
- Nearly 80 people participated in webinars during the week.
Thank you to all who participated and volunteered in our Earth Day activities. If you have feedback regarding any of the activities, email John Guardiola.