State Route 315 Ramp Closures
Below is an overview of the SR-315 ramp closures that support the Cannon Drive Relocation project.
May 7 – Mid-August 2018
Northbound SR- 315 Exit Ramp to Medical Center Drive / King Avenue Closed
- Motorists may use the Goodale Street (to Neil Avenue) or Lane Avenue (to Olentangy River Road to King Avenue) exits to approach the Wexner Medical Center.
- Medical center staff may want to consider approaching campus from Neil Avenue.
- The intersection of Cannon Drive and Medical Center Drive will also be closed during this time, however, a temporary roadway will provide access between King Avenue and Medical Center Drive.
June 11 – Late November 2018
Entrance Ramp to Southbound SR-315 at Cannon Drive and 12th Avenue, Cannon Drive and 12th Avenue Intersection Closed
- Cannon Drive, between 12th Avenue and Herrick Drive, will also close at this time and will remain closed until 2019.
- Motorists may use Neil Avenue to leave the Wexner Medical Center.
- Shuttle Reroutes
- The Morehouse to Med Center Shuttle (MM) will be detoured to Herrick Drive and will continue to service the James Cancer Hospital, Rhodes Hall and Ross Heart Hospital stops. See MM reroute map.
- The Ackerman Shuttle (ACK) will be detoured to 12th Avenue and will service temporary stops at the southwest corner of the Biomedical Research Tower (BRT) as well as the northeast corner of Doan Hall. From there, it will continue to service the 10th Avenue and Meiling Hall stop. See ACK reroute map.
- Access to the North Cannon Garage will only be available via 10th Avenue.
- Additional work on 12th Avenue, just east of Cannon Drive, will impact the northern entrance into the North Cannon Garage.
- Vehicular access will only be permitted on the west side entrance/exit of the North Cannon Garage via 10th Avenue to old Cannon Drive.
- There will only be one entrance and one exit available so motorists are encouraged to allow additional time to enter and exit the garage
- When the SR-315 off-ramp reopens mid-August 2018, vehicular traffic will need to access the North Cannon Garage via Neil Avenue to 12th Avenue only.
- Access to the parking lot located north of the South Campus Central Chiller Plant will be available only off of Herrick Drive.
- The overlap of the SR-315 on and off ramp closures during the summer months will expedite the opening of the new Cannon Drive and intersection at 12th Avenue.
Anticipate Traffic Delays
These closures will facilitate the connection of the SR-315 entrance and exit ramps to the new Cannon Drive as part of the Cannon Drive Relocation project. Heavy vehicular and pedestrian traffic is anticipated on Herrick Drive and Neil Avenue during this work, so motorists should anticipate delays and allow additional time for travel. Students, faculty and staff are reminded to always keep safety in mind when moving on and around campus. Make safety a priority while walking, biking or driving. Be aware of your surroundings when traveling and stop distracting behaviors that may put you at risk. We all share the road and the responsibility.
For additional route options to access the Carmack parking lots during this time, please click here.