State Route 315 Ramp Closure Begins May 7
Below is an overview of upcoming SR-315 ramp closures that support the Cannon Drive Relocation project.
May 7 – Mid-August 2018
Northbound SR- 315 Exit Ramp to Medical Center Drive / King Avenue Closed
- Motorists may use the Goodale Street (to Neil Avenue) or Lane Avenue (to Olentangy River Road to King Avenue) exits to approach the Wexner Medical Center.
- Medical center staff may want to consider approaching campus from Neil Avenue.
- The intersection of Cannon Drive and Medical Center Drive will also be closed during this time, however, a temporary roadway will provide access between King Avenue and Medical Center Drive.
- Please Note: The university has been informed that Kinnear Road will close at the railroad crossing near Lennox Town Center/State Route 315 begnning May 7 to rebuild the crossing. The project is expected to be completed May 13. For more information, please visit Paving the Way.
June 11 – Late November 2018
Entrance Ramp to Southbound SR-315 at Cannon Drive and 12th Avenue Closed
- Motorists may use Neil Avenue to leave the Wexner Medical Center.
- Cannon Drive, south of Herrick Drive, will also be closed during this time.
- Access to the parking lot located north of the South Campus Central Chiller Plant will be available only off of Herrick Drive.
- Access to the North Cannon Garage will only be available via 10th Avenue.
The overlap of the SR-315 on and off ramp closures during the summer months will expedite the opening of the new Cannon Drive and intersection at 12th Avenue. The intersection is expected to open late November 2018, however Cannon Drive, will remain closed between 12th Avenue and Herrick Drive until 2019.
Anticipate Traffic Delays
These closures will facilitate the connection of the SR-315 entrance and exit ramps to the new Cannon Drive as part of the Cannon Drive Relocation project. Heavy vehicular and pedestrian traffic is anticipated on Herrick Drive and Neil Avenue during this work, so motorists should anticipate delays and allow additional time for travel. Students, faculty and staff are reminded to always keep safety in mind when moving on and around campus. Make safety a priority while walking, biking or driving. Be aware of your surroundings when traveling and stop distracting behaviors that may put you at risk. We all share the road and the responsibility.
For additional route options to access the Carmack parking lots during this time, please click here.